Central County Fire Department is committed to educating the public in simple ways to stay safe. We offer a variety of programs to educate our communities. Review the safety tips below for more information on how you can be fire smart. Fire Safety information also available in other languages.
Summer Fire Safety Tips
- ALL fireworks are illegal and punishable by fine in Burlingame, Hillsborough & Millbrae. If you want to see fireworks, go to a public show
- Keep a close eye on children at events with fireworks
- Propane and charcoal BBQ grills should be used outdoors only
- Keep children and pets at least three feet from the grill area
- Keep your grill clean by removing grease buildup
- Never leave your grill unattended
- Always make sure your gas grill lid is open before lighting it
- Test your smoke alarms monthly
Monthly Fire Safety Newsletter:
Fire is Everyone’s Fight
CCFD Serves up Fire Safety in the Kitchen
|Fire is everyone’s fight! Practice fire-safe cooking and install and maintain smoke alarms.
Did you know?
Unattended cooking is the leading cause of home fires, with approximately two-thirds of cooking fires starting from the ignition of food or other cooking materials.
For more information, visit fpw.org.
|Close Before You Doze – See the dramatic difference a door can make.
Because of synthetic materials, furniture, and construction, fire spreads faster than ever before. Closing doors helps stop the spread of fire.
‘Close Before You Doze’ focuses on straightforward actions and simple behavioral changes which can provide critical help in delaying the spread of fire. This doesn’t require major effort or going out and buying anything.’ -Stephen Kerber Director, UL FSRI
Closing your bedroom door while you sleep could save your life. Please watch this informative video on how quickly smoke and fire can spread.
To learn more about the Close Before You Doze program, please visit the Underwriters Laboratories’ website at https://closeyourdoor.org/.
Living With Sprinklers Information Sheet
Fire Safety Planning
Fire Extinguisher Training
Central County Fire Department provides complimentary fire extinguisher training to any business or school within Burlingame or Hillsborough or Millbrae. Requests shall be made at least 2 weeks in advance and will only be approved under specific conditions. Please contact us at 650-558-7600 for more information.
Event Request for Public Education (Please select correct event name on the form)